The agenda of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1 will follow closely the 16+1 annual meetings and Summit, in order to benefit from the high-level participants to these events with a view to enhancing the visibility and the commitment of the members of the Center.
The 16+1 annual agenda includes:
- An Annual Summit of Heads of States and Governments
- A Business Forum, a side event of the Summit
- Two annual National Coordinators’ meetings, organized in both China and in one of the CEE state
Proposed formats for annual events:
- A launching event, followed by an annual anniversary event that may be dedicated to a previously- agreed key-topic;
- An annual fair or exhibition, preceded by a kick-off High-Level reception;
- An annual delegation meeting of energy representatives of the 16+1 states, a side-event of one of the National Coordinators’ (to be discussed)
- An annual event in Brussels– aligning EU-16+1 objectives (to be discussed)
- Thematic working group meetings as per priority issues identified
Events for 2016-2017:
1. 16+1 Reunion at the Ambassadors’ level, Beijing, 9th of October 2016
- Intervention by representatives of the Romanian Embassy to the People’s Republic of China, announcing the launch of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1.
2. 16+1 National Coordinators Meeting, Riga, 14th of October 2016
- Intervention by the Romanian National Coordinator and Minister-Secretary of State, Mr. Alexandru Victor Micula, introducing the concept of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1, organization and work programme.
- Request for the 16+1 National Coordinators to nominate a contact-person/delegate that will be fully involved in the activity of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1.
3. Launch event, Bucharest, 20th of October 2016
- Includes a presentation by the CRE President, CSD expert and a series of high-level interventions from the Minister of Energy, Secretaries of State, economic Embassy counsellors and attachés (to be decided)
4. CEEC-China Annual Summit, Riga, 4-6th of November 2016
- Romania’s Prime-Minister shall introduce the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1
5. CEEC-China Business Forum, Riga, 4-6th of November 2016
- High-Level interventions and presentation of the Center for Dialogue and Cooperation on Energy Projects 16+1
6. Meeting of the 16+1 Energy delegates, Bucharest, December 2016
- Discussion on organization, objectives in order to finalize 2017 planned actions.
7. High-Level Reception CEE-China cooperation: A Romanian Story, Bucharest, first trimester of 2017
- Kick-Off event of the 16+1 Energy Fair
8. The 16+1 Energy Fair and Expo, Bucharest, first trimester of 2017
- Two days expo of energy products, technologies and services in the 16+1 region